We believe anyone can become an IT specialist. To achieve this goal, you need only desire, diligence and discipline. We will take care of the rest.
We have developed a comprehensive training curriculum to master professional IT skills through practice.
STEP IT Academy has been working in the field of IT education since 1999. We cooperate with major software development companies and know what kind of education is necessary for a successful start in IT. Thanks to our unique curriculum and project-based approach, our students learn to solve real problems and are able to join the IT industry even during the training stage.
The value of the professional program “Network Technologies and Cyber Security” is confirmed by thousands of STEP graduates who now work as qualified engineers in the largest IT companies in 36 countries around the world.
Relevance, Expertise, Support
The STEP IT Academy training process is based on three essential components of effective education.
The knowledge and skills that our students gain must meet the requirements of employers today and in the future. Therefore, we review and update our curriculum every 6 months.
Trainers with practical skills
STEP IT Academy trainers are IT professionals with at least 5 years of experience. Our students receive only relevant knowledge and skills, applied in practice.
We have created a special learning environment where trainers and students can communicate as partners, following one goal. Our classrooms and laboratories are equipped as comfortable workplaces, with computers and necessary software.
This program is developed for
who dream of a career in IT or of becoming a network technology engineer.
who desire a second specialty in parallel with their university education.
who are not satisfied with their current careers and financial potential, and wish to train as a network administrator or build a career in the IT-industry.
who would like to systematize their knowledge and gain high in demand professional skills in modern IT.
After 2.5 years students of IT Academy STEP will receive
Maximal practical training
STEP educational process is practice based. We do not have boring lectures; our students are not required to write lecture summaries and memmorize materials. Diverse study content is available on a modern and convenient online platform. Student can study at any place and at any time.
STEP IT Academy students work on interesting projects, following IT industry demands and employers' needs . The final step of the educational program is a graduation project. Students' projects are included into a professional portfolio which gives them an important benefit in successfully finding employment.
Representatives of leading IT companies attend students' project presentations, and participate as jury members and speakers at hackathons and IT competitions organized by STEP. Hardworking and talented students are recruited even before graduation.
Why does the program last for 2.5 years, not just 3 months?
Often short courses promise to train a beginner into a qualified professional in just 3-4 months. This is either a lie or an incompetent statement. In such a short period of time, one can learn just basics, but not serious practical skills. After such courses, engineers will only be able to perform simple and low-paid tasks and need to learn more on their own in order to advance, constantly filling gaps in this basic education. Many self-taught IT managers regret that they did not receive fundamental education at the very beginning of their careers. Our professional "Network Technologies and Cyber Security" program covers all the necessary subjects for a professional specialist. The program is designed for 2.5 years, or 5 terms. We are confident that this is the right duration to gain the skills and necessary experience to become a high in-demand professional.
The program is IT industry demand driven. Our methodologists and trainers are constantly working on improving and updating the curriculum to ensure that STEP graduates can demonstrate their best skills to the future employers.
- Introduction to algorithms theory and data structures
- Programming language C
- System programming (threads, processes, synchronization primitives, interprocess communication) Network programming (sockets, synchronous and asynchronous data exchange mechanisms, protocols)
- Hardware of workstations and laptops
- LAN switching, protocols, tunneling, virtual networks
- Design, installation and diagnostics of structured cabling systems
- IP Routing
- Application protocols and TCP / IP stack services
- Administration of Windows 8.1 / 10. Installation, update, migration, control of access to resources. Security configuration
- Administration of Windows Server 2012/2016. Network services, virtualization, terminal services, group policies. Active Directory
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014. Database development, SQL, backup and recovery, security model, replication
- Linux system administration. Installation, file systems, devices, user management, access rights management, scripting
- Linux network administration. Mail, file and web servers. Balancing and monitoring
- Security of computer networks and systems. Cryptography, authentication, authorization, systems research, ids / ips, packet filters
- IT Essentials. PC Hardware and Software - Cisco Networking Academy Authorized Course
- Cloud technologies: VMWare, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure
- DevOps: main tools
- Python for network programming
- CCNA R&S. Routing and Switching. Essentials
- CCNA R&S. Routing and Switching. Scaling Networks
- CCNA R&S. Routing and Switching. Connecting Networks
- CCNA Security
Upon graduation of the course you will be able to
- Design, install and certify a structured cabling system.
- Design and build a local area network of any complexity using modern active equipment
- Create a corporate routed network using global IP-based technologies
- Connecting corporate network to the Internet, while ensuring the necessary level of security
- Develop and implement comprehensive network security policies
- Deployment and support of network services to ensure safe and efficient access to network resources.
- Administration of modern server operating systems and active network equipment.
- Manage operations of large high complexity networks.
- Diagnose and fix a variety of network problems and faults.
How we teach
Our graduates receive an international diploma from the IT STEP Academy
and certificates from the IT industry leaders.