We believe anyone can become an IT specialist. To achieve this goal you need only desire, diligence and discipline. We will take care of the rest.
We have developed a comprehensive training curriculum to master professional IT skills through practice.
STEP IT Academy has been working in the field of IT education since 1999. We cooperate with major software development companies and know what kind of education is necessary for a successful start in IT. Thanks to our unique curriculum and project-based approach, our students learn to solve real problems and are able to join the IT industry even during the training stage.
The value of the professional program “Software Development” is confirmed by thousands of STEP graduates who now work as qualified developers in the largest IT companies of 36 countries around the world.
Relevance, expertise, support
STEP IT Academy training process is based on three essential components of effective education.
The knowledge and skills that our students gain must meet the requirements of employers today and in the future. Therefore, we review and update our curriculum every 6 months.
Trainers with practical skills
STEP IT Academy trainers are IT professionals with at least 5 years of experience. Our students receive only relevant knowledge and skills, applied in practice.
We have created a special learning environment where trainers and students can communicate as partners, following one goal. Our classrooms and laboratories are equipped with comfortable workplaces, computers and licensed software.
This program is developed for
Students and graduates (15-18 y.o)
who will receive their first certification in software development
University students (18-23 y.o)
who desire a second specialty in parallel with their university education.
Representatives of other professions (23-55 y.o.)
who are not satisfied with their current careers and financial potential, and wish to train as a software developer for career in the IT industry
Those who wish to augment their IT qualifications
structure their skills and gain high in demand working knowledge of modern IT
After 2.5 years students of IT Academy STEP will receive
Maximum practical training
STEP educational process is practice based. We do not have boring lectures, our students are not required to write lectures summaries. All study materials are available on the modern and convenient online platform. Students can study at any place and at any time.
STEP IT Academy students work on interesting projects, following IT industry demands and employers' needs . The final step of the educational program is a graduation project. Students' projects are included into a professional portfolio which gives them a cutting edge in successfully finding employment.
Representatives of leading IT companies attend students' projects presentations, and participate as jury members and speakers at hackathons and IT competitions organized by STEP. Hardworking and talented students are recruited even before graduation!
Why does the program last for 2.5 years, not just 3 months?
Often short courses promise to train a beginner into a qualified professional in just 3-4 months. This is either a lie or an incompetent statement. In such a short period of time, one can learn some basics, but not serious practical skills. After such courses, programmers will only be able to perform simple and low-paid tasks and need to learn more on their own in order to advance, constantly filling gaps in this basic education. Many self-taught programmers regret that they did not receive fundamental education at the very beginning of their careers. Our professional "Software Development" program covers all the necessary subjects for a professional designer. The program is designed for 2.5 years, or 5 terms. We are confident that this is the right duration to gain the skills and necessary experience to become a high in-demand professional.
The program is IT industry demand driven. Our methodologists and trainers are constantly working on improving and updating the curriculum to ensure that STEP graduates can demonstrate their best skills to future employers.
- Introduction to algorithms theory and data structures
- Programming language C
- Object Oriented Programming Using C ++
- Using the standard STL template class library
- Developing Windows applications using Visual C ++ and WinAPI
- Database theory. Database management systems: programming principles of Microsoft Database Access, MySQL. Authorized Courses of Microsoſt IT Academy
- Programming and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Oracle Database Programming
- System programming (threads, processes, synchronization primitives, interprocess communication). Network programming (sockets, synchronous and asynchronous data exchange mechanisms, protocols)
- Object Oriented Design. UML language
- Software Project Management
- IT Essentials. PC Hardware and Software - Cisco Networking Academy Authorized Course
- Hardware of workstations and laptops
- Installation and configuration of Windows 10
- Developing websites using HTML5 markup language and CSS3 cascading style sheets
- Extensible markup language for websites development - XML
- Creating web applications using PHP programming language and AJAX technology;
- Application development using Client-Server technology. Creating apps for Microsoft .NET platform
- Building cloud solutions using Windows Azure
- Programming with Java
- Android OS applications development for mobile devices
- Game development
- Design Patterns
- Software Testing (QA)
Upon graduation of the course you will be able to
- Create Windows applications using client-server technologies, graphics, databases and multimedia
- Fast and accurate calculation of algorithms for tasks and implementation cost
- Design and management of databases of different complexity and size
- Develop web-based applications that respond to user actions and provide information stored in databases
- Automate database management based on the client's task and requirements
- Participate in the development of computer games
- Modify programs and applications for specific tasks
- Develop network applications
- Create utilities that solve everyday user problems
- Ensure application security using encryption, authentication, and secure connections
- Test software by applying modern technologies; design software projects regardless of the implementation language
How we teach
The training process in STEP is focused on developing practical professional skills without any distraction: no written exams, no memorizing, only specific tests for self-assessment.
Our graduates receive an international diploma from the "STEP" IT Academy and certificates from the IT-industry leaders